Search This Blog

Sunday 28 July 2013

New Challenge-Lift Like a Man Look Like a Goddess




Welcome to the new challenge. I hope by sharing my experiences and workout routines I can educate you on fitness and motivate you on your journey to fitness.

"Feed a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime".

So this is going to be your workout plan for the next few weeks.  The workouts I do are called 'Periodisation Training' which is a training regime done a specific way for a specific period of time and then modified and done a different way for a specified period of time.  Periodisation training prevents your body from hitting a plateau. If you don't change the way you workout, your body in order to protect your system from tearing muscle and losing fat stops responding to training and diet. Periodisaton training prevents this adaptation. Your body adapts to your training routine every 14 days, so we are going to ensure this doesn't happen by changing it up.

I will be providing you with 3 weight training sessions at the beginning of the program. We will call these Set 1, Set 2 and Set 3. You will repeat the same exercises in these sets for the 8 weeks. With periodisation training we modify the way we do the exercises every 2 weeks.

Why are we doing the same exercises?

The reason why we keep the same exercises is that we need to get better at exercises by practising them over and over again. We need to learn to master the big movements that involve many muscles and the variations that come with them. The more advanced you become at the exercises then you can change the exercises up more to add more intensity to your workout.  Sometimes when I keep constantly changing my exercises I have never enough time to become really good at that exercise and learn the variations of that exercise. For instance you start off with push ups on your knees but you should be aiming by the end of the 8 weeks to be able to do a proper push up and variations of that push up. 

So how do we stop the body from plateauing?

As I said above, we will modify the sets every 2 weeks. I will explain what is involved in these sets each week as I don't want to overload you with information.

Weeks 1 & 2- Beginner Phase

Weeks 3 & 4- Modified Compound Sets

Weeks 5 & 6- Supersets

Weeks 7 & 8-Giant Sets

What do I do when I have completed the 8 weeks?

Once completed start again with new exercises, however this time start with the modified compound set, you do not need to do the beginner phase.

What days do I do weight training and what days do I do cardio?

It is up to you and your schedule to decide which days you want to do your weight training. I do weight training on Mondays , Wednesdays and Fridays and then I do HIIT cardio on the days in between. By mixing it up your body finds it hard to adapt. I will provide 3 videos of HIIT every two weeks. So repeat the cardio on Week 1 for Week 2 etc. Remember 14 days is key to avoid plateau.

If for some reason I don't have the HIIT Cardio videos up on time, do one of the workouts from the Six Week Bikini Challenge.

Do I have a rest day?

Depending on your level of fitness, take 1 to 2 days rest.

So in summary:




Mon

Tue

Wed

Thur

Fri

Sat

Sun
Week 1
Beginner weights
Set 1
Cardio
Beginner weights
Set 2
Cardio
Beginner weights
Set 3
Cardio
Rest
Week 2
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Rest
Week 3
Modified Compound Set  1
Cardio
Modified Compound Set  2
Cardio
Modified Compound Set  3
Cardio
Rest
Week 4
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Rest
Week 5
Superset 1
Cardio
Superset 2
Cardio
Superset 3
Cardio
Rest
Week 6
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Rest
Week 7
Giant Set 1
Cardio
Giant Set 2
Cardio
Giant Set 3
Cardio
Rest
Week 8
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Rest

 DISCLAIMER

All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The information provided on this blog is a result of my own experience and opinions on healthy living. I would like to draw attention to the fact I am not Doctor, Health Practitioner or a Personal Trainer. If you suffer from a medical condition consult a Doctor prior to lifestyle changes.