Search This Blog

Thursday 19 December 2013

Do New Workout Clothes Motivate You?


Do you think new gym clothes motivate you?

Personally, I think they do. When I get something new I am excited about wearing it and more inclined to go workout rather than make excuses. Even though I work out on my own in our garage, I just believe the more confident you feel, the more inclined you are to go to the gym and work on getting the results you are looking for. Once you start looking good you want to start to dress the way you feel.

I am not one of those people who spends a fortune on the likes of Lululemon and Sweaty Betty (even though presents are welcome). I am a big believer in that you don’t have to spend a lot to look good. I get my workout clothes mostly from Sports Direct or on Amazon. I also find JD Sports Pro have really nice gear for reasonable price. My tip is that if you see an item in the shop like Nike Store, search for it on Amazon as you are more than likely to get it for a lot cheaper. However, when it comes to runners I think they are more of an investment.
 
I am a massive fan of Nike, I think every item I own is Nike to be honest. Recently I purchased these Nike pro leggings, and bra top on sale at Sports Direct. I also got a body warmer (its cold in the garage) which is great in the mornings when its freeeeeeeezing.
 
 
 



A lot of the time I will just buy shorts and tops from Primark in different colours.
 
 
 
 

 
 
Other motivation techniques:

If you are working out on your own, I think wearing a crop or bra top and working out in front of a mirror is another great motivation technique. At the beginning you can see all your trouble/jiggly areas and you are immediately motivated to work out even harder to try improve your physique and then when you start seeing your progress you are motivated even more again. It is also good to see that your technique is correct and you are engaging your core with every exercise.

Wish list: