Search This Blog

Thursday 20 March 2014

Supplements-Kinectica Sports

I have had a few emails from people asking me do I take supplements and if so what supplements I take?

Even though I eat a lot of protein daily in my diet, I also need to supplement my diet with protein. I do this for many reasons:

1. Prevention of Muscle Loss

Protein helps repair and build up new muscle tissue. As I do a lot of weight training, I am tearing muscle in order for it to grow back stronger. Protein shakes allows my muscles to repair so that they can build back up stronger. If you do not take enough protein the process of rebuilding tissue will not take place.

2. Speedy Post-Workout Recovery

Protein is best taken straight after a workout. Protein is essential for a speedy recovery after workouts.

3. Strong Bones

Many of us do not get enough calcium in our diet especially if we cannot digest dairy foods properly. Most protein powders contain up to 20% of your daily calcium requirements in a single-scoop.

4. Meal Planning

As meal planning can be very time consuming if you are looking for a healthy snack keep protein powder on hand. It provides you will a well balanced meal and fills you up.

What Protein Powder do I Use?


Kinetica Sports




 

A few weeks ago Kinetica Sports Nutrition sent me some samples of their whey protein, pro-release and thermo whey protein powder to try in vanilla, banana, strawberry, chocolate, mint chocolate, smooth chocolate and vanilla caramel.

Kinetica Whey Protein



  • High Protein Supplement
  • Contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass
  • Each serving provides over 5g of BCAAs
  • Free of artificial flavours and colours
  • 23g of protein in every serving

Kinetica Pro Release



  • High Protein blend containing fast, medium and slow proteins to support growth and maintain muscle. It is designed for serious athletes looking for enhanced performance in tandem with their training. It prevents muscle tissue breakdown and increases lean muscle mass.
  • 23.5g protein with every serving

Thermo Whey



  • Contributes to the maintenance of lean muscle
  • Designed to aid your overall weight management goals to help you achieve a leaner, healthier physique
  • Contains digestive enzyme Aminogen and essential amino acids
  • Combination of advanced high proteins, ground oats, beneficial fats, fibre and researched lean actives
  • 21.9g protein per serving


I have been taking protein shakes for over three years now and have tried various high quality brands such as Gold Standard, Reflex, PHD to name a few, so I have a fairly good knowledge of whey protein to compare them to.  

Packaging:

I wasn't familiar with the brand, but my first impressions were great. The packaging was professional and the nutritional information was clearly stated.

Taste

I was of the belief that there was no such thing as a good tasting protein supplement and had decided after tasting many different flavours and brands that it was just a case of holding my nose and knocking them back. However, I was pleasantly surprised with Kinetica-it is by far the best tasting protein I ever had. I even use it in my pancakes and homemade protein bars.



I have tried a variety of flavours- vanilla, smooth chocolate, mint chocolate, chocolate and they are all equally as tasty. Usually I stick to just chocolate but I must say all the flavours so far have been really good. My favourite has to be mint chocolate it reminds me of a mint cornetto or after eights! Yum!

The packaging states that the flavours are all natural which is good to know.

Quality

I mix my whey protein with water as I don't find it as heavy on the stomach as milk. The first thing I noticed about the Kinetica protein was that it was so much easier to mix than other proteins I used. There was no unpleasant lumps and no powder left at the bottom.
Usually I have to shake it for ages to mix up the protein and sometimes I have ended up spilling it all over myself.

Recovery

I drink my whey protein straight after my weight sessions. I am currently following an intense weight lifting regime where I am lifting weights 6 days a week. Within a few minutes of taking it I felt noticeably revived and after a nights sleep was recovered in time for another training session. Not only has my recovery improved but I have also noticed that I am lifting heavier weights

Price

Kinetica comes in around the mid range of the protein powders. In my opinion it is worth the money as it contains high quality proteins and contain some great ingredients. 

Conclusion

Kinetica has a variety of different supplements to suit your goals. I enjoyed all of the above products and particularly enjoyed the Thermo Whey as it is combines high quality protein with a digestive enzyme and essential amino acids which allows you to achieve lean muscle.

I will be definitely buying this again!