Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 March 2014

Top Tip of the Week

My top tip is a breakfast tip. I love porridge for my breakfast as it fills me up for the day so I am less likely to eat crap. Last week I discovered a great new tip- Add a teaspoon of coconut flour to your porridge.



What does this do?

This causes your porridge double in size. So you get a great source of fibre, you stay fuller for longer without a significant increase in carbs and calories.

Making the perfect bowl of porridge:

1. Add water to gluten free oats or rolled or steel cut oats
2. Add coconut flour and stir
3. Add some whey protein- Kinetica Sports Vanilla Flavour
4. Cook in microwave for 2 minutes
5. Serve with a drizzle of rice syrup or maple syrup

This is a great breakfast to have before or after a workout if you workout in the mornings. It is high in protein, high in fibre, quick to make and keeps you feeling fuller for longer.