Search This Blog

Thursday 3 July 2014

Quinoa Krispy Treats

I saw this recipe on instagram a few weeks back and really wanted to make them as I used to love rice krispie squares when I was younger. Finally made it and it tastes even better than I thought it would. I found it difficult to get quinoa pops. I eventually got them in Planet Organic however, it is possible to pop ordinary quinoa in a hot saucepan. See below



Ingredients:

Cup Quinoa pops
1/2 cup of dates
1/2 cup of almond butter
1/4 agave or honey
Large bar of dark chocolate

Method:

Add dates, almond butter and agave to the food processor and blend.



Add puffed quinoa and above mixture together in a bowl.



Spread mixture on to a lined baking tin.


Put it in freezer to set.

Melt chocolate and pour over the base.

Put it back in freezer until it hardens.



Cut it up and serve it with some green tea!



How to pop your own Quinoa?

Heat a saucepan over a medium-high heat. When hot add a few tablespoons of quinoa to the pan. Put lid on saucepan as the quinoa starts to pop. Once popping stops remove from heat. Repeat again with another batch.