Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Blonde Hair Don't Care




Blonde Hair Don’t Care.............well maybe you should!


I thought I would share some tips and information I got from a hairdresser last weekend that I thought were really helpful if you are a fellow blonde.
 

Tip 1: Porous hair- Bleaching, chemical treatments and damage from colouring may result in cuticles which are so damaged that they can no longer properly retain moisture. Although hair which is overly porous feels dry, damaged and parched it can actually absorb excessive amounts of water. Even though overly porous hair is absorbing lots of moisture, it’s not able to retain it. It’s like trying to fill up a bowl with water when there’s a hole in the side. You may eventually be able to get the bowl full of water but ultimately it will drain right back out.

So when on holidays or if you swim a lot soak the hair in the shower/tap water before entering the pool. Hair that is already saturated with water is less likely to absorb the pools chemicals.

If your hair does react to the chlorine and turns green use tomato ketchup to remove the colouring.


Tip 2: As blonde hair is porous, before putting in conditioner dry your hair with a towel so that your hair is not so saturated that it can’t soak up the conditioner properly.

Tip 3: If you have really blonde hair and use a bleach highlight and a blonde tint highlight, alternate and leave out the bleach highlight every second time. She said this is what celebrities that are blonde do so that long term there is no overlapping and you are allowing your hair to repair. So don't be afraid to suggest it to your hairdresser.

Tip 4: As explained above colouring and bleaching your hair blonde damages your hair and you need to repair it. To do this you need to use repair shampoos and conditioner and a mask once a week until you hair is fully repaired. I was under the impression that blonde hair could never be repaired and that is the price you have to pay for being blonde.

The hairdresser told me that my hair is actually not that damaged for someone getting highlights for so long and that if I look after it I could have really healthy hair. I think the fact my hair is not that damaged is because I have so much protein in my diet.

http://thechicphysique.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/week-4-eggs.html


Tip 5: Cheaper shampoos make your hair feel silkier than expensive shampoos. She explained that this is a cheap ingredient called silicone which is not good for your hair. The name or names you should look for are Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, and Phenyl Trimethicone, which are common silicone-based ingredients in hair care products. Lots of supermarket brands of hair products contain silicones as they make the hair easier to comb, increase the fullness of the hair, or make the hair shiny and smooth. They create a short term illusion that the quality of our hair has improved. However, when used over time, silicone-based hair products coat the hair shaft and seal out moisture, possibly clogging the hair follicles. So what happens is that hair can become flat and greasy with build-up or dry and straw like with a lack of moisture.

My hairdresser explained that it can be expensive but to try use good products to repair my hair and then return to a cheaper product once my hair was repaired.


Here are the products I bought which you can buy for a lot cheaper online:-
 

Shampoo:

Wella System Professional Repair Shampoo- I paid £13.50 in the shop you can buy it online for £9.03.




Conditioner:

Wella System Professional Repair Conditioner- I paid £16 in store you can buy it online for £10.



Mask:

Wella System Professional Repair Mask- I paid £22.50 in store and you can buy online for £12.95.