Search This Blog

Monday 15 July 2013

Pumped Up Kicks


Runners are probably the most important piece of fitness equipment you will buy, so it is so important that you pick the right pair.

Runners are now designed for different types of activities. So for example it would not be good for your feet for you to play tennis in the same runners you use for jogging.

If you continue to wear runners that are not right for you and the activities you do, you could end up with serious back, knee and hip pain and some painful blisters.

For the exercise I do (weight lifting and high intensity workouts) I need runners that combine flexibility, support and cushioning to absorb impact and lessen shock to the feet. 

Personally I am a Nike girl. I love everything Nike when it comes to gym gear. I only wear Nike Free runners and I am now the proud owner of three pairs. There are so many versions of Nike Free’s so research and see what ones would be suitable for you.  I love these as they are not only light weight, comfortable and supportive but also so pretty too which is not common with cross trainer runners. I love all the bright colours available.

For those that also like to run, whilst most running shoes may be compatible in the gym, a lot of cross trainers would not be a good choice for running long distances. However, Nike Free have a range called Nike Free Run which are also suitable for running as they are so flexible, so they would be a good combination runner to invest in.

Nike Free Runners are not cheap and can cost on average £90 plus. However, they are such good quality  and they last a long time. I have my first pair for two years now and wear them every day and they are still like new. They are really breathable runners so you don’t sweat as much as you would in others and hence they don’t get smelly.
 
My Collection:

 





Since I love mint green these are my next purchase!

 
 
 
Show me your kicks on instagram
 @thechicphysique- tag your photo #thechicphysique