Search This Blog

Thursday 2 January 2014

Food Diary Day 2: A New Year A New You





Breakfast:


  • Smoked Salmon
  • Spinach
  • Avocado
  • Scrambled Egg (1 yolk 2 egg whites)-made with almond milk
  • Mushrooms



Snack:


  • Plum
  • Green Tea



Lunch:


  • Chicken
  • spinach
  • rocket
  • goats cheese
  • avocado
  • beetroot
  • flaked almonds
  • Green Tea


Dinner:


  • Breast of Chicken
  • Broccoli
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Boiled Potato


Snack:


  • 6 almonds


Post Workout:


  • Protein Shake-PHD Belgian Chocolate



Water: 


  • 6 bottles


Exercise:

Got up at 7.45 and did a 25 minute weights session focusing on back and chest.
3 sets of 12 reps

-Pull ups
-Chest Press
-Alternating Dumbbell Row
-Clock Push Ups
-Barbell Row
-Barbell Deadlift
-Incline Chest Press

After work I did a high intensity cardio session- 12 minutes AMRAP

1) Jump Lunge and stretch (dumbbells)- 10 sets
2) Scorpion pushup - 5 reps each side
3) Squat and leg lift- 20 reps
4) Plank and Ski Squat- 10 reps


How I feel?

I felt great all day, I wasn't as hungry as I thought I would be. Then at 3pm I hit a slump where I was struggling to keep my eyes open. On the way home on the tube, I felt a bit dizzy and had a slight headache. This usually happens in the first few days as your body is experiencing a withdrawal effect from all the sugary and processed foods your body is used to. I think the fact I drank loads of water today (I am usually really bad) helped reduce my headaches to a minimum. Water helps flush out the system. Replace coffee with green tea for the first week to also reduce headaches.