Search This Blog

Thursday 9 January 2014

Food Diary Day 8: New Year New You

 
 

Breakfast:

Back to the omelette again.
2 egg white 1 yolk omelette with spinach and smoked salmon

Glutamine
Cod liver fish oil



Snack:

Greek yoghurt with blueberries and raspberries
Green tea



Lunch:

Tuna salad




Snack:

Gluten free crackers and hummus
Green tea




Dinner:

Savoury Chicken Omelette


Dessert:

Greek yoghurt
Kiwi
Cinnamon
Flaked almonds


Exercise:

After my rest day I feel rejuvenated and ready to give it my all again for another few days.

Started with 3 minutes high intensity mountain climbers to warm myself up (50/10 x 3)

20 minutes shoulder exercise session:-
3 x 10 reps
Set 1

-alternating dumbbell shoulder clean and press (L & R)
-Cardrivers
-front raises

Set 2

- Side Raises
- Shoulder Push ups

ABS

Focused on my lovehandles and obliques- I will put up these exercises for your lovehandles soon!

40/10 x 8 rounds

How do I feel?

I feel really good today after my day of rest. I think its very important to have rest days. Sometimes we can get carried away with ourselves and we need to take a step back and realise that we could be actually ruining our progress. Its all about training smart. Make sure you rest, don't over train or you could be burning hard earned muscle. Don't train for very long sessions, remember to give it your all for short sessions this is a lot more effective.

I am also feeling good today as I found out that my tube journey which as you can imagine can be very stressful actually burns off as much calories as a workout. I got a Polar Fitness Heart monitor watch from Santa. I wear it when working out to keep track of my heart rate ensuring that I am working out in the correct fat burning zones. I decided to wear it to work today to see how much calories I burn on my tube journey to work.

My journey to work is 40 minutes door to door, it involves a lot of steps, a bit of walking. I was surprised and delighted when I got to work to find out that I had burned 183 calories.