Search This Blog

Friday 31 January 2014

Food Diary- Pre Bed Meal


Breakfast:

Breakfast is my favourite part of the day as I get to eat the most food. I workout in the morning therefore I need to replenish my body straight away to ensure I provide my muscles with the nutrition it requires. At the moment I am trying to eat a lot more than I usually do in order to build extra muscle. The more muscle on your body the leaner you are as muscle burns fat.
 
4 egg white scrambled egg with almond milk.

Porridge and almond milk

Banana and protein shake before morning workout- so I am retaining muscle not burning it.

Snack:

Nairn Gluten Free Oatcakes with cottage cheese and turkey slice

 
 
Lunch:

Salmon, spinach, avocado and brown rice

Snack:

Turkey slice, cottage cheese and boiled egg

Dinner:

Steak and veggies


 
Dessert:

Raw Brownies

 

 
Blend pecans, dates, desiccated coconut, honey and cocoa powder and put in baking tray or lunch box and put in fridge to set.
 
To make raw icing in a blender add dates, cocoa powder, coconut oil and some water until you get a velvety texture.
 
Serve with some Greek yoghurt!
 
 

What to eat and what to avoid before bed?


Avoid carbs- Carbs result in a significant insulin release which prevents fat-burning. Carbs are easily stored as fat in evening hours as your metabolism slows down. Your body is slowing down in preparation for sleep. You don’t burn much calories in your sleep so the carbs will more than likely be stored as fat.
Choose protein- I try eat slow digesting proteins before bed. Slow digesting proteins are white meat proteins like chicken and turkey. They produce no insulin response and digest slowly. I take a casein supplement before bed as it coats the stomach, digests slowly and provides nutrition to your muscles for several hours.
Eat fat- Eat healthy fats such as nuts, oils, and nut butters. They increase fullness so you don’t end up snacking later. They also help with digestion.